You can download a PDF version of the presentation slides here at the bottom of this webpage.
Synopsis of the Topic
Mr. Currie discussed the need for and process for creating affordable supportive housing opportunities for people living with severe mental illness and low incomes.
Acknowledgement of Commercial Support: There is no commercial support for this activity.
- Introduction (7 mins)
- Define terms
- Quotes and stats on need
- Creating Homes initiative (CHI) (13 mins)
- Mission, goals, and history
- Current outcomes
- 4 examples of CHI housing projects (15 mins)
- Supportive housing project funding needs and strategies (5 mins)
- 5 categories of CHI funding partners (5 mins)
- Conclusion (5 mins)
- Q&A Period (40 mins)
Objectives - After attending this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the need for affordable supportive housing opportunities for people living with severe mental illness and low income
- Describe the mission, history, and current results of Tennessee’s Creating Homes Initiative (CHI)
- Describe the CHI process for creating affordable supportive housing opportunities for people with severe mental illness and low income
- Describe at least 3 affordable supportive housing development strategies and 4 housing funding sources
Principal Faculty and Credentials: Bob Currie, MSSW
Bibliographic Sources: Please see presentation slides
Copyright: All faculty in this activity have given their permission for publication. © 2012 Mission Analytics Group, LLC